Sunday 25 April 2010

Final Major Project 3: Ideas



I have begin sketching several ideas for logos over a few pages in my sketchbook. I found it difficult to begin with but when I referred to advice given in an old issue of Computer Arts magazine I found them a great help. When brainstorming I decided to keep it fluid and sketched the ideas as the came and avoided second guessing before sketching them out. Each sketch was not edited instead revisions were made next to it until a new idea came along.



If the logo did not work in black and white it would not work at all.



I worked in black and white when sketching because colour should only be used to elevate the logo not make it. If the logo did not work in black and white it would not work at all. As I developed it I found that it became more of a typographic logo than an image, but as I felt it worked I began to develop it further.










Above is the final idea for the logo. Before hand drawing it I came across a website that had a familiar font style to the typographical logo I had just drawn. I though I would search for the font or if push came to she I would make a costume logo from an exiting font using computer programmes. By using a typographic logo it could work across all media as well as not beluga to any given time or place granting it longevity.

No comments:

Post a Comment