Wednesday 12 May 2010

Motion Graphics: 1



I began my research for the motion graphics work outlining what I planed to do and achieve by the end of the project. It starts by looking at some television spots such as the work done for the MTV: genetically engineered spots by a company called Umeric. I also looked at a stereoscopic 3d animation called Broken by Stephan Voight.







I reased motion graphic in design journals such as computer arts and founds tonnes of tips and advice that I would adhere to over the project to ensure the production pipeline stayed as a smooth as possible over its development; from organising of files to securing URL names and design processes.



I made a rough storyboard for an idea I had for a motion graphics ideate for the company logo I had just completed. I knew what I wanted to doubt I was unsure as how to create it. I knew it would require some use of After Effects and its 3D camera tools. I would have liked to use 3D text but I do not have the resources such as 3D programmes to create it, so i will have to rely on some design trickery to present the illusion of depth and form. The logo needs to have a presence and the indent needs to feel almost movie worthy.



I took screenshots of the design process and annotated so that it is easier to understand it in my sketchbook work. I have also screenshot and annotated the final animation. From this I will begin to develop an advertisement that includes the services and acts as an advertisement fro the company to drive traffic to the website. The motion graphics logo captures the essence of Envy and I am excited about its possibilities to be developed further.

No comments:

Post a Comment